Sunday 21 August 2011

The Days Wind Down

These days we are in South India, Madurai, to check on last year's project, making plans to improve the school we set up.  The children have grown older and their needs have changed, what worked last year is not sufficient for the age of these girls anymore.  So now the planning, moving material, shifting to suit the range of the girls.  I'm trying to get back the material I left there last year to utilize in the project I'm working on with Maher in Pune.


The women who run the orphanage were so happy to see me, normally volunteers come and go in places like this, promise to return, and don't, so a familiar face from abroad is a big deal.  I had time to feed the girls some lunch and then spend some time playing with them.  Things at the orphanage are much improved and this is heartening.  I am full of hope.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Acts of Love